Sunday, August 31, 2008

'D' review



Let me share with you a very talented & young local artist. Derrick Hoh with his album Unclassified, 无法归类. It's released since 30th July.

It's definitely a album that is worth buying!

No.1 无法归类 Unclassified
This song is upbeat and groovy. I think he carried the song well and yes, he danced! Looking back into the PSS days, who ever thought he could ever moved and danced like that since he's more to the guai guai type, the boy-next-door. From a little "boy" to a man now. -Awwww-

No.2 碰碰爱 Knock-out love
Another fast number. I like the way he interpreted the song, a lil of bad boy style with the accompany of the mv where he had to work with 2 girls (closely). Haha!

No.3 你走天桥 我走地下道 Overhead Bridge, Underground Pass
A slow song. It was pretty smoothing & I fell in love with this song after knowing the "story" behind from D's blog (the mv).


No.4 今天过去 After Today
I prefered this song as much more emotions were put into it.

No5: 我捨不得Can’t Let Go
A song he wrote about breaking up with his girlfriend. Can really hear the sorrows and saddness he's trying to convey here. It brings out the sentimental derrick we see in the competition.

No.6 咬字 Pronunciation
This is my favourite among all the tracks! The very first time I listened & it was so catchy that you will want to groove and sing along. His very own creation- music & lyrics. I like the way he rapped; 初一吃素 初二吃素 初三吃素. The judges kept commenting on his pronouciation during the competiton days. Somehow I find it's his trait and uniqueness! =D The way he sang the song during the bpp autograph session is cheeky.



No.7 忘得掉 Forget
I like this track too. I love all the fast no. tracks in this album. Unforgettable? Hah!


No.8 我相信 I Believe
Another slow (korean) track but I thought he sang it pretty well. I really believe in him after this track. His efforts were proven.

No.9 我的连续剧My Story
I like this song when I heard it for the first time. It's really his genre of song! His style and everything.

No.10 逆时针忘记Anti-Clockwise
A song where sorrows and pain can be heard? Playing this in the the silence of the night really makes me think alot.

No.11 克罗地亚的天空Croatia Sky
Thumbs up for Derrick. A self-penned song. Talented! The climax at the chorus and the ending was awe! What can I say? He carried the song off the song so well! The sentimental Derrick is still here!

I love all the songs in this first album!

How can anyone not buy the album?
Support Derrick, our very own local talent.
Everyone ought to have one copy!!! =)

你是我们本地人的骄傲!

p.s. Just my personal opinion on his album! =)

No comments: